In 1996, eight master craftsmen from all over India met with Kamaladevi Chattopadhyay and Roshan Kalapesi to form Paramparik Karigar with the mission to preserve and promote the traditional art and craft of our country, as well as to strive to create an environment conducive for the craftsmen to create their exquisite pieces of art. The key initiatives they had in mind were:
- To bring handmade Crafts directly from craftsmen to the consumers and to preserve and promote traditional art and craft of India.
- To raise awareness and understanding of craft so that works of master craftsmen are recognised as art forms.
- To assist craftsmen in improving their skills by conducting technical, design and marketing workshops.
- To ensure sustainability of craft by conducting workshops for children of craftsmen and other school children.
- To Create awareness among people of Traditional Handicrafts through various means including workshops, lectures and seminars.
- Provide the opportunity to craftsmen from all over the country to bring their craft to the forefront through exhibitions.
- Maintain quality in craft produced by member craftsmen
Flat # 5, 2nd Floor
Abdul Gaffar Khan Road
Worli Sea Face
Mumbai – 400018
Tel – 91-22-65811059.
Tel/Fax – 91-22-24920061
You Can also Connect with Us Here:
Join Us on Our Facebook Page: